This post was inspired by a song from Leonard Cohen called “Waiting for the Miracle”. It seems someone finally got right the mystery of our universe: invaders. And now they are far away and decided to isolate and ruin humanity.
I don’t want to scare you with my trouble but there’s something about blogging that makes me weak. Or maybe it’s just I have a problem focusing. I try to resist the hurt or the pleasure that’s around me.
I took a sip from the devil’s cup. If you taste it, it will haunt you.
Anyway the subject today is to do something reasonable and right. Or maybe it’s about relaxation. If you don’t know what to do with your time, please don’t hesitate to go piss off someone.
Now I won’t talk about religion, politics or sex. But I do think abrahamic religions which worship only one God got it wrong.
Never Been This Ambitious Since 2002.
In 2002, I decided to finally experiment true love; the kind of love that is complete. It’s the kind of love that science can easily explain:
- from a physical perspective, we weren’t top models but we were healthy individuals. I used to go skiing in the Alps and my girlfriend liked dancing,
- from a chemical perspective, we were 22. We weren’t innocent young children anymore but we weren’t that old and wise to the point that nothing can happen,
- from a mathematical point of view, our parents had money even though we didn’t. We lived in Paris which is the most expensive city in the world.
As I look back on the girlfriend experience, today it feels like 9/11. 3000 people around us were about to jump from their window. And that might be why this relationship couldn’t last more than 3 years.
It’s cool to have ambition and experiences to reflect upon. Now what about the banking experience (2005 – 2010)?
A Mission Lasts 3 Years Like Love.
Now I want to talk about my banking experience. I will try to make abstraction of the finance peculiarities and relate it to a working experience:
- year #1 you kind of hope everything will go well. You’re focused on the work because you know you have to prove something. And people around you also want to succeed,
- year #2 is the year where catastrophes arrive. Some people are dying and war is declared. As if we weren’t at war since we were born. Needless to say if you can maintain the level you had before, you will become the boss in 30 years,
- year #3 is the year where you have to say goodbye. Everyone is prepared for your leaving even though they still give you work. Finally they decide you will be useful in case there is a problem.
It’s so hard to leave a place as if people were right when they say everything is easier to get into than to get out of. But let’s explore the Big Bang and the one year and a half experience.
There Wasn’t A Sound Except At Home.
As I look back on the Big Bang and the gathering of people that empathised with us, there wasn’t any sound. There was no sound and no music except at home. The streets were empty and suddenly they were filled with people crying. But nothing changed and we’re doing the same mistakes again.
People were wondering if there wasn’t a better life for me and you. The dirty old part of the city decided to invade us and they said there was no charm living in 20 square meters. They forgot that Lebanese people who experienced the civil war knew a lot about lighting a candle.
Everybody hopes everyone is alright. But space makes no sound like my experience in Paris.
The Shadows Were Falling, The Sky Was Crying.
As a conclusion, let’s hope the atmosphere in space is just a way to testify of something: the Big Bang where no sound could be heard and people were crying in the street.
Uncovering the mysteries of the universe is a big deal.
The mystery becomes more and more understandable even though it remains a bit fuzzy. Maybe 13 billion years ago some people managed to reach a degree of knowledge that was unheard of and they started panicking. They pressed the red button and here we are 13 billion years later.
One day we will come back on the scene of the crime and I want to be here. That’s why I will try to live forever: there will always be one tomorrow. If this might seem difficult, then maybe 1000 tomorrows will be enough.
Our only goal today should be the Milky Way. Next subscribers’ post will be about the Queen of England saying: “never complain, never explain”.